Saturday 18 December 2010

2010 Winners Announcement

Thank you to everyone who voted for their favorite OC stories.  We had an overwhelming response throughout the awards for which we are very grateful..

The winners and runners up are as follows:

Story Awards:

Best Multi-Chapter


Best One-Shot


Best Non-NC17


Best AH


Best Supernatural


Best RPF


Writing Awards:

Most Original Plot


Most Impressive Writing


Best Characterization


Seamless Slot-In


Best OC Lemon


Character Awards:

Best Pairing


Most Believable OC


Best Male


Best Female


Best Offspring


Fun Awards:

In Name Only


Best Anti-MarySue
Joint Winners:


Wish Fulfilment


Judges’ Choice:

Judge’s Comments:
“This one shot just completely sucked me in, with my heart pounding and tears in my eyes as I read.  I could imagine this scenario unfolding in real life, and it completely broke my heart...which is quite a feat.”


Judge’s Comments:
“I have read so many fics over the last year, since I started reading Twific, that it's hard to surprise me and even harder to make me rave about them. Absolucion, however, surprised me in many, many ways. This fic is exactly why I signed up to be a judge for the OC Awards; it's innovative, original, and unlike anything I'd ever read before. I got sucked in and found myself unable to put it down. The way the author makes good use of not only the well-known characters, but also the lesser-known, and of course, the original character of Rolle. This story is a sequel to Antithesis, which I shamefully have to admit that I haven't read yet due to time restrictions, but it's definitely at the top of my list!”


Honorable Mentions:

Greedy Noms Special Mention: Winterstale
For having six stories put forward for the public vote across eleven categories--by far the most prolific author in the awards.

Howdy Pardner Special Mention: Deep Dish by Starfish422
For changing the way we look at cowboy hats.

Barking Mad Special Mention: Bronte from Full Moon by Kagome Hanyou
For the most creative nominee.


Banners:

For winners banners, click HERE.

For runners up banners, click HERE.

For special mentions banners, click HERE.

All other nominated authors are welcome to use the following banner if they wish.



From the OC Awards Admins:

Thank you to everyone who nominated, and to every single one of our judges--who worked really hard to make these awards as fair as possible. Most of all, thank you to all the authors who have stepped out of the Twilight comfort zone to create original characters in fan fiction.  We can’t wait to see who you introduce us to over the coming year, so that we can do this again in the winter of 2011.

We hope you had as much fun as we did during the Awards.

Thanks,

Leanne and Tracy
x x x

3 comments:

  1. Because I'm wordy, and Twitter only affords me 140 characters, I just wanted to say to my fellow nominees it was an absolute HONOR just to be in your shadow on this site and for these awards. When my little Charliefic was nom'd, I couldn't believe it. But never in a million YEARS did I think I would win, especially amongst all of these great fics. Buckets of thanks to the judges for what had to have been a huge undertaking, and for putting this all together. It was a fabulously run contest, and one of the most organized I've ever seen. I am just over the world and out of my socks to have won a cat in this. It means the world to me, so thank you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm chiming in to say pretty much the same thing as Edward's Chipper.

    You guys did a great job with this contest and it's been an honor to be piled in with these authors. Winning anything seemed like a long shot to me and I was thrilled just to be given a nod.

    To the other authors: I'm glad to have been squeezed in with you all.

    Thanks so much to the judges/organizers who worked so hard.

    Yours,
    Anais Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was never handed a fanfic rulebook when I started writing so I think anything goes in writing fanfiction. It is so exciting to see there are so many writers and readers out there who are willing to try something different. What a huge honor to be included with such a talented slate of writers, not to mention what a pleasure its been to get to step out of my little comfortable cocoon and make some new friends in the fandom as a result of being nominated in the OC awards.

    Congrats to every nominee and winner, and huge gratitude to the voters and judges. :)

    ~w

    ReplyDelete