Sunday 5 December 2010

Judge Spotlight - Chef Diamond Heart

As written by WolvesCanEatMe

Chef Diamond Heart is an OC Awards judge and can be found on several fandom sites. You can find her on FF.net, Twilighted, and on Jacob Black and Pack.

Chef Diamond Heart (affectionately CDH) was suckered into judging the OC Awards by yours truly, and it was my pleasure to be her judging partner as we waded through our chosen categories.


CDH has written several great stories—all of which can be found on her profiles listed above. It’s a tough task to pick just a few of her fics to talk about.  Back in the day, (December 31, 2009,) I finished Moonshadow, which was my first EVER wolf pack fic. It’s an alternate take on New Moon—normally I’m not drawn to a Jacob/Bella pairings but her descriptions and writing style totally sucked me in. One of her more recent short stories, The Color of Rain, is probably one of my favorite stories to date. It is a Seth/OC story, with great characters, real life comedy, and perfectly tangy citrus.

Chef Diamond Heart was one of the pivotal authors that helped to promote my tolerance and grow my love for the wolves. Our friendship just kind of happened. My persistent reviews filled her inbox and she devotedly replied to me.

When I first started writing my own story her opinions and thoughts meant the world to me. Not only was this awesome author taking time out of her busy life to read my writing, but she gave up her time to support me and help me get better. We’ve been fan fiction friends for a little over a year now, and I don’t regret her pulling me over to the furrier side of Twilight for a second! :)

Recently, CDH competed in the After Your Heart Stops Beating Contest, and her OS Enough won in both the popular vote and the judges' pick. Wordslinger just posted a great rec of Moonshadow  on the Twi Fic Pimps blog. ArtBeatsandLife posted a lovely rec of Working Man (AH Jake/Bella) on the Phase Fics blog, and also on Phase Fics, littlefurrycannibals wrote an inspiring rec of Moonshadow.

Three of Chef Diamond Heart’s stories (Working Man, The Color of Rain and A Hair of the Dog that Bit Me) were nominated for the Pearl Round of the Twilight Gems Awards.

CDH is a proud beta for Sublimation by sfiddy, and so-called “deputy muse” to the talented leelator, author of How to Seduce a Werewolf. She also started the one and only The Bella and Jacob Chronicles on Twilighted.

Here is a list of all of her fabulous work: (LINKS)
The Moonshadow Continuum (CDH take on: The Saga that Should Have Been)
The Fractured Angel (EPOV - WIP)
You Belong to Me (about Leah)
The Color of Rain (about Seth)

A list of her awards:
Moonshadow- IndieTwiFic Finalist 2010; 3rd Place Winner Wolfpack Awards & Howling Wolf Awards ’09  
The Color of Rain- Winner Judge’s Pick Award in the Team SOB Rain Scene Challenge; Winner Best Seth, Jacob Black 'n' Pack Awards
The Mind’s Eye-Winner Lamb’s Choice Award in the I Get Off In Volterra Contest banner
CDH also received two honorable mentions in the Fandom People Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment