Monday 13 December 2010

Judge Spotlight - Leanne Golightly

As written by WolvesCanEatMe

Leanne has been my fic wife for months now, and I have no idea how I ever lived life without her! She’s not only a wonderful and loving beta, but she’s also incredibly organized, intelligent, and creative.

I was impressed with her work ethic before we (mostly her) started the Original Character Awards, but all of her hard work during this process has left me in awe. In all of my life I have never known someone who is as passionate as Leanne. The countless hours of her free time she has invested helped make these Awards successful and professional. I cannot gush enough about all of the effort she’s put into this. So thanks, Leanne! You’re wonderful, I love you, and I am so lucky to have you as a friend!


Now on to her wonderful writing skills! Leanne has written about nineteen stories, and they are mostly for Twilight. She’s also busy helping out PTB as a beta under the name angel_eyes1_uk. Her stories can be found on Twilighted and My Vamp Fiction, but FF.net has by far the best collection of her work. All of her stories are wonderful, and you should go read them! Currently, my top favorites of hers are:

The Adventures of Rebecca the Vindictive Vamp
The Burning of Lucius Demetrius Flavius
Paresthesia (as WayBeyond)

The Adventures of Rebecca the Vindictive Vamp is a spin-off from Red Eyes and the She Wolf. It’s a short story which portrays Rebecca's transformation, her life as a vampire, and her lost love, Robert. Rebecca is a lovely and feisty vampire that Leanne’s fans first met when Demetri and Leah reached New York in Red Eyes.

The Burning of Lucius Demetrius Flavius, as you probably guessed, is Demetri's history. This is a companion piece to Red Eyes and the She Wolf, and it begins during his human life, goes into his time with the Volturi, and leads up to the moment he meets his match in a she-wolf, and then some.

Paresthesia is a marvelous could-have-been remake of Eclipse. Edward is killed during the battle with Victoria, and Bella is collected and taken back to Volterra, where she is turned. Bella starts her life over, free from the Cullens and the Wolves, while she finds new friends and possibly a lover.

One of Leanne’s more popular fics, the recently completed Red Eyes and the She Wolf, was very bittersweet for me. This story is what helped me to open back up and embrace the dark side. Vampires do have quite a bit of fun, and I’ll openly admit that now. Leanne made a really cool video for Red Eyes that you can watch here.



Leanne has won numerous awards, so I will just mention a few. 

A Hint of Apple was the Fanfiction Writing Challenges Missing Moments Contest Public Vote winner.

 Red Eyes and the She Wolf was the Forbidden Lemon Contest 1st Place Public Vote winner and the winner of the Gem Awards Ruby Round "Best Overall".

Chance to Heal was the Silence of the Wolves Contest 3rd Place Public Vote and Judges' Choice winner.

Mind Games was the Fanfiction Writing Challenges What About Alice? Contest Public Vote winner.
 
C-Force won the Superhero Contest 3rd Place Judges' Choice

The Burning of Lucius Demetrius Flavius was nominated in the Twilight Gem Awards Pearl Round for "Best Original Plot".


You can read sneek peaks on her blog, Procrastination Central, or catch her on twitter as angel_eyes1_uk.


Here is an excerpt from the latest chapter of The Burning of Lucius Demetrius Flavius:

Chapter 13 - Volcanoes and Glaciers

It seemed the wolf had enough of it before I did. Her stomach began rumbling, and as I tried to clamber on top of her again, she pushed me away and headed to the bathroom with a scowl. I hadn't missed that particular facial expression; in fact, I'd stored a few particularly good mental pictures of Leah's face that I infinitely preferred.

Rolling onto my back, I stared at the ceiling, wishing that we'd continued for a little longer.

She must be hungry—I knew I wasn't quite so easy-going when I needed feeding. Inside the bathroom, I heard Leah turn on the shower.

As I willed my body to calm down, I cupped my palms over my face, and realized that I absolutely stank of shape shifter.

Maybe the entertainment didn't have to end just because Leah had left the bedroom. I got to my feet and joined the she-wolf in the bathroom.

"Demetri?" Leah asked, as I opened the misty shower door and climbed inside.

"Of course. Who else were you expecting?" I smiled in amusement, but all I received in return was another scowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment