Friday 3 December 2010

Judge Spotlight - BforQueen

Spotlight By: Pemberly Rose


I met Bianca, aka Bforqueen, through twitter and this crazy fandom of ours. For those of you who don’t know her, she’s a single gal who lives in the Netherlands and has a penchant for snarky, brazen and silly fun. She writes Volturi fic mainly. Her stories, listed below, tend to center upon the Volturi with major appearances by the Quileute Wolf pack and sometimes the Cullens.

When I got started with the OC Awards, I was a little nervous. I was acquainted with Bianca and knew she was smart and fantastically witty, but I still worried that she and I would clash on fic tastes and the like when we got paired up together.

My worries were definitely not needed at all. We found out that we have a lot of the same tastes in fic, especially things that make us flounce from one, or things we look for in original characters. Working with Bianca has been a treat. She was always super quick with email replies, and we often talked on gchat about nominees and our opinions as we whittled down the lists to the six per category nominees you see in our three categories. How we accomplished all that we did, I’ll never know. The funny thing is, there’s quite a huge time difference between us. She lives in Europe (sooo JEALOUS of her!) and I live here in good ole Phoenix, AZ.

Several people had recommended for a long time to read Bianca’s fics. In fact, Fallen Princess had been on my reading list for a REALLY long time. After we got done with this judging thing-a-mah-jig, I decided that I wanted to give her work a try. So I started out with FP.

I have to say wowzers. She takes the possibilities of hybrids that SM put on the table in Breaking Dawn and brings this whole completely awesome twist. Where most authors would have followed Renesmee through something like this, Bianca goes through an original character, named Luciana (Lucy). She’s the hybrid progeny of the Volturi, who they hope will become the new species within the race of vampires. They want her to lead and hoped she had an ability. Unfortunately for them, all Lucy wants is to be loved. I won’t go in too far with the plot but really if you love a good original character and you really want to see the darker side of the Volturi, you really, really need to check out Fallen Princess.

If that doesn’t convince you maybe this little fan video of it will!


For more on her stories please check out the list and links below! You can find her fan fiction profiles on My Vamp Fiction, Fanfiction.net and Twilighted.

As I said before, Bianca has been a pleasure to work with on these awards. She’s got the silliest sense of humor, and I love talking to her about fic and her love hate relationship she has with the actor known as Charlie Bewley. I’m really glad I got paired up with Bianca and discovered more wonderful work out there in this VAST twi-fandom.

It didn’t surprise me that when other categories were validated by our other esteemed judges, that I saw B’s name appear twice. I’m very happy for her; she makes some stiff competition, just sayin’. Fallen Princess and its companion Absolution have won and been nominated for several awards, also listed below.

In addition to writing awesome Volturi fic, B also blogs. She does fic recs over at Tazz’s blog and also participates in MVF’s blog feature Wicked Wednesdays. She can be found through her twitter account, Bforqueen, and is always giggling or making sarcastic commentary about something. I know that when I see her out and about on Twitter that hilarity will inevitably ensue along with the occasional boob flash.

Really I have to thank this contest for letting me get to know Bianca a little better, and that’s really the icing on the cake!

Stories:
Fallen Princess: She was born to evil, meant to lead...But all she wanted was to be loved. When her life slides downhill fast can she get it together in time to save herself and the rest of the world? -Volturi, Post-BD, will involve Cullens and Pack. Rated M
Absolution: Will Felix be able to find love amongst the ruins and find the absolution he seeks? Companion to Fallen Princess.
Caught: On the one hand there's Demetri; hot, sexy and very skilled. On the other hand there's Felix; strong, masculine and very satisfying. How could Lucy choose? Why would she have to? Being caught between two men isn't always a bad thing...
Rise to Power the Creation of Caius: He was never quite satisfied with his life, always wanting more. She saw his potential and what he could do for her. Together they would rule the world. - This is my version of how Caius was created - Tied winner of the Volturi Challenge on MyVampFic

Awards:

Gem Awards Ruby Round
Fallen Princess by Bforqueen
Best Original Plot
Best WIP
Best All Vamp
Best Lemon
Best OS

Hidden Star Nominations
Fallen Princess - 'Wish I'd Thought of That'
Absolution's Demetri - 'What an Asshole'

The Vampies Nominations
Fallen Princess - Best Angst and Best Volturi

MVF Challenge Winner: Bforqueen

Original Character Awards Nominations
Caught - Best One-Shot
Lucy from Fallen Princess - Best Anti-MarySue

No comments:

Post a Comment